Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very tasty combination and an unusual but enticing colour presentation. An original tamarillo recipe loved by our household.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large onions
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 red tamarillos
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (or more)
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cube sweet potato and onions, begin to stirfry in a little oil, then cut bacon into strips and add.
- Stir fry until near cooked then add peeled and diced tamarillos finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Stir fry a little more then place finely sliced red cabbage on top of these vegetables.
- Turn heat down put a lid on top and cook gently till cabbage is just cooked Lightly toss and serve with rice and small whole boiled beetroot/red beet.