Recipe by Cheri 911
This is just fantastic, and so healthy, My husband and I practically inhaled this - and he is not a "tofu" kind of guy.
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets, cut into bite size florets
- 4 -5 green onions
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- &frac 14 c water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup organic tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together tamari, vinegar, syrup, garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes, taste and correct to your liking with additional vinegar, syrup, etc.
- Pour marinade over tofu, coat completely, then let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Steam broccoli; set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in large skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium/high heat, melt coconut oil.
- Drain and add tofu (reserve marinade) and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until crisp and browned; set aside in bowl with sesame seeds (mix them together).
- Place marinade in skillet and heat to a simmer, add corn starch to ¼ c water, then stir into marinade. Simmer for a minute to thicken.
- Toss broccoli in thickened marinade (now your sauce).
- To serve: place brown rice (or quinoa, rice noodles, etc.) in bowl, top with broccoli, scooping up some extra sauce as well; spoon on tofu mixed with sesame seeds; top with green onions. Add Sriracha or Sambal Oelek as desired.