Recipe by Annisette
This is an unusual nut mix variation using tamari which over the years has become one of my favorite snacks. Can be stored up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. If the stored nuts become soft, spread them on a baking tray and bake them for 5-10 minutes at 300F (150C) degrees.
- 8 ounces mixed nuts (almonds, brazil, peanuts, walnuts)
- 4 ounces pepitas (peeled pumpkin seeds)
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces cashew nuts
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275F degrees (140C).
- Lightly grease two large baking trays.
- In a large bowl, place mixed nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, and macadamia nuts.
- Pour tamari over the nuts and seeds and toss well to coat them evenly.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread the nut mixture evenly over the baking trays.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until dry roasted.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.