Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an unusual nut mix variation using tamari which over the years has become one of my favorite snacks. Can be stored up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. If the stored nuts become soft, spread them on a baking tray and bake them for 5-10 minutes at 300F (150C) degrees.
- 8 ounces mixed nuts (almonds, brazil, peanuts, walnuts)
- 4 ounces pepitas (peeled pumpkin seeds)
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces cashew nuts
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- Preheat oven to 275F degrees (140C).
- Lightly grease two large baking trays.
- In a large bowl, place mixed nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, and macadamia nuts.
- Pour tamari over the nuts and seeds and toss well to coat them evenly.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread the nut mixture evenly over the baking trays.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until dry roasted.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.