Recipe by mell_2
This looked interesting, the sweet maple syrup and salty tamari sauce, I will be trying this one soon.
Top Review by morris.k
We enjoyed this one. I roasted a small bulb of garlic in the oven while the meat was cooking and added it and the snow peas and red peppers at the end so they were still crisp. Very easy to make. Next time I will ramp up the spice a bit for my family's but I think most will find it fine as it is.
- 675 g chuck roast, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 3 cups sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, roasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 325F(170C). In a dutch oven, heat oil and brown the meat on each side. Season with pepper. Remove from pot.
- In same the pot, add onion and saute until golden brown adding oil if necessary. Add spices and cook 1 minute. Add meat and remaining ingredients.Bring to boil. Cover and bake in oven for 2.5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles in pot of boiling salted water. Drain and add a bit of oil to the noodles. Reserve. Saute sugar snap peas in oil until they are slightly cripsy. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add noodles and cook to reheat.
- To serve, distribute the noodles amongst 4 bowls. Add meat and coat with sauce. Garnish with cashew nuts and cilantro.