Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a different twist on ala king recipes. I served this to bridge ladies where I worked and they really liked the recipe
- 24 tamales (I used the canned ones)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can ripe olives (sliced)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Chicken A 'La King (by Swanson)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Layer tamales in a 9-inch by 13-inch casserole dish (no smaler). You will have two rows of twelve tamales.
- Mix green chilies and olives; sprinkle over tamales.
- Mix Chicken ala King and evaporated milk. Spread over the tamales.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 45-60 minutes or until it bubbles.
- After baking, allow dish to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.