Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Light and Tasty website 5 WW points and 1 veggie.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; add tomatoes and juice to onion mixture.
- Stir in the beans, cheese, chilies, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon over filling; gently spread to cover top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.