Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another old Betty Crocker recipe that I have adapted a bit for my family's taste. This is a yummy way to use canned tamales!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef tamales
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- red pepper sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (farenheit).
- In a medium skillet cook and stir onion in butter until tender.
- Drain and reserve the sauce from the tamales.
- Stir the sauce from the tamales, corn with liquid, tomato sauce and red pepper sauce into skillet.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- Remove the papers from the tamales and arrange the tamales over the mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle with olives and remaining cheese.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes.