1 hr 10 mins
I cobbled this together from a couple of recipes I found on the internet. I have way too many peppers from my CSA and I love tamales and southwestern cuisine, so I'm going to make this today and will let you know how it goes, and adjust... So...to be perfectly honest, we like the other recipe I have for stuffed peppers - and I use Quinoa, instead of rice. If you make this - tweak it some more and let me know the updates!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2-3 bell peppers
- 118.29 ml tomato, diced
- 118.29 ml black beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml corn
- 59.14 ml green chili
- 59.14 ml green enchilada sauce
- 177.44 ml shredded mexican cheese
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 29.58 ml finely chopped green onions
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 1Wash and dry and cut green peppers (I cut them in half - stem to bottom to make it easier to stuff or mound the ingredients. You can cut however you like).
- 2Saute onion and garlic in a bit of oil until translucent. (few minutes).
- 3Add any of spices you'd like to add to the saute and cook for another min to release the oils -- (1/4 tsp adobo and/or 1/2 tsp cumin / 1 tsp chili powder ).
- 4Add the onion/garlic mix to a large bowl and then mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- 5Load the peppers with the mix. Place peppers in a baking pan with 1/2 inch to 1 inch water and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 6Garnish with green onions and cilantro - and maybe a bit of sour cream?
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 685.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 19.4 g