Recipe by Gidget265
I cobbled this together from a couple of recipes I found on the internet. I have way too many peppers from my CSA and I love tamales and southwestern cuisine, so I'm going to make this today and will let you know how it goes, and adjust... So...to be perfectly honest, we like the other recipe I have for stuffed peppers - and I use Quinoa, instead of rice. If you make this - tweak it some more and let me know the updates!
- 2 -3 bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1⁄4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry and cut green peppers (I cut them in half - stem to bottom to make it easier to stuff or mound the ingredients. You can cut however you like).
- Saute onion and garlic in a bit of oil until translucent. (few minutes).
- Add any of spices you'd like to add to the saute and cook for another min to release the oils -- (1/4 tsp adobo and/or 1/2 tsp cumin / 1 tsp chili powder ).
- Add the onion/garlic mix to a large bowl and then mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- Load the peppers with the mix. Place peppers in a baking pan with 1/2 inch to 1 inch water and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro - and maybe a bit of sour cream?