Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day. This one is really good but as with most soups/chilis it taste better the next day. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tamales, sliced
- Brown beef, onion, and green pepper and drain fat.
- Add everything else EXCEPT tamales and simmer for at least an hour.
- Add tamales 10 minutes before serving.
delicious!!! thx for posting :)
Great and very easy recipe. I used canned chili peppers instead, and forgot the onion and added the powder. Oh well. This is a great keeper, with room to experiment!
who would have thought this would be so good. i used soy crumbles instead of ground beef. a 4 ounce can of chopped green chilis and did not change a thing, except i cooked it on low in a crock pot and added the tamales 30 minutes before i served it. the next day never happened in my house, the soup was inhaled.