Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted recipe from March 2012 EveryDay with Rachel Ray. The bacon seasoning I reference in the recipe is Tastefully Simple's Bacon Bacon seasoning.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml honey
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage, mexican raw variety
- 4 slice turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml thyme, dried
- 4.92 ml bacon seasoning (optional)
- 7.39 ml coriander, ground
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, smalled chopped
- 236.59 ml beer
- 411.06 g tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml cilantro, fresh chopped
- 118.29 ml Greek yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk. Whisk in the cornmeal, then whisk in the boiling water and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until very thick about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the butter and honey.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until smoking. Add the chorizon and bacon and render the fat for 3 minutes. Stir in the ground turkey and cook, crumbling the meat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season with thyme, chili powder, coriander, bacon seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften. Stir in the beer and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes to heat through.
- Spoon the thick cornmeal over the pan and spread evenly. Top with te cheddar and place in a 350 degree oven (on convection if available) for 15 minutes until brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with greek yogurt.