Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted recipe from March 2012 EveryDay with Rachel Ray. The bacon seasoning I reference in the recipe is Tastefully Simple's Bacon Bacon seasoning.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups boiling water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, mexican raw variety
- 4 slices turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon bacon seasoning (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, smalled chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk. Whisk in the cornmeal, then whisk in the boiling water and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until very thick about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the butter and honey.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until smoking. Add the chorizon and bacon and render the fat for 3 minutes. Stir in the ground turkey and cook, crumbling the meat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season with thyme, chili powder, coriander, bacon seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften. Stir in the beer and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes to heat through.
- Spoon the thick cornmeal over the pan and spread evenly. Top with te cheddar and place in a 350 degree oven (on convection if available) for 15 minutes until brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with greek yogurt.