1/1 Photo of Tamale Round-About
Lori Ann D's Note:
I received this recipe from a friend and now it is a family favorite. It's looks very fancy and makes a nice presentation, but it is oh so easy! Make it as spicy or mild as you like. Great for weeknight dinners, Superbowl parties, etc. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 2For filling, brown the ground beef (drain if necessary & return to pan), sprinkle with seasonings, and add in the salsa. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, chop the bell pepper(s) and sprinkle them in the bottom of the bundt pan (this is mostly for decoration).
- 4For cornbread, prepare the muffin mix as directed on the box and stir in the cheddar cheese. Spread half the batter over the peppers.
- 5Dump all the meat mixture in the bundt pan next and spread the remaining batter evenly on top of the meat.
- 6Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Invert onto a serving plate. Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream, cilantro or whatever toppings you like.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Round-About
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 1071.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g