Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I received this recipe from a friend and now it is a family favorite. It's looks very fancy and makes a nice presentation, but it is oh so easy! Make it as spicy or mild as you like. Great for weeknight dinners, Superbowl parties, etc. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- For filling, brown the ground beef (drain if necessary & return to pan), sprinkle with seasonings, and add in the salsa. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the bell pepper(s) and sprinkle them in the bottom of the bundt pan (this is mostly for decoration).
- For cornbread, prepare the muffin mix as directed on the box and stir in the cheddar cheese. Spread half the batter over the peppers.
- Dump all the meat mixture in the bundt pan next and spread the remaining batter evenly on top of the meat.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Invert onto a serving plate. Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream, cilantro or whatever toppings you like.
This is a great recipe for a work night dinner have made this several times it's always a big hit reheats pretty well
The compliments roll in when you make this!
great fro brunches/partys.
looks much harder than it is...goes together super fast and super ez...
... and add a few jalepanos to the mix :-) and did i mention how pretty it is..
i serve with sweet peppers stuffed with goat cheese and mexican beer!
This was so easy to make and very tasty. I made everything in a deep sided cast iron skillet.