Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has become a staple in our house, and it's a great idea for your next pot luck. Be careful though, I've made if for company and now it is all they want when they come to my house! Originaly from Company's Coming One-Dish Meals.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) canof stewed tomatoes with juice
- 12 ounces kernel corn
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice (I like Jasmine)
- grated cheddar cheese
- light sour cream (optional)
- corn chips
- Brown ground beef in large frying pan and drain.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic salt and pepper and cook until onion is soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, sugar, chili powder, water and rice and cover.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the liquid is all absorbed.
- We like to serve it into bowls, sprinkle the cheese on the top and eat it with the corn chips.
- Add sour cream if you like!