Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sort of a polenta with salsa topping. Sounds good--and it's very healthy, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 chopped tomatillos
- Mix all pie ingredients except for corn meal. Bring to a slight boil and slowly whisk in corn meal.
- Continue to whisk and as it thickens, stir constantly till a spoon will stand up straight in it.
- Pour into an 8x8 casserole dish and let it set while you make the salsa.
- Mix all salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Serve on top of the tamale pie.