Recipe by Clara732
Easy to make for a fast and filling meal, serve with a salad and you are ready to go.
Top Review by Shannyn
Just a note to let you know how much my family has enjoyed this recipe over the past several months... I now double the entire recipe ensure there is enough to go around and enough for leftovers the next day! The leftovers are delicious as well!! UPDATE: Two and a half years later - this is still a regular at our table, and still a family favorite! Thanks again! Also...I add a little bit of cheese to the top after it has cooked...yum!!!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- 12 ounces corn, drain well
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (1 pkg)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 6 ounces corn muffin mix (1 pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place meat in large skillet, cook over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking meat into small pieces with wood spoon or spatula. Pour off drippings. Add corn, tomatoes, seasoning mix and water to meat. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Pour into deep 9-inch pie plate; smooth top with spatula.
- Spread cheese over top of meat mixture. I substituted Velveeta and it was wonderful.
- Prepare corm muffin mix according to package directions. Spread evenly over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle onion slices over top if desired.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.