Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A one dish meal for the family.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown together chuck and onion.
- Add tomatoes, corn, chili powder,and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add olives.
- Mix milk with the cornmeal and cook until thickened.
- Line bottom and sides of a greased 3qrt casserole dish with cooked cornmeal mush.
- Add meat mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
this was an easy meal differnt than the usual tacos i didnt have tomatoes but i used salsa instead very tasty.
Very tasty! Easy to make, my family loved it! Thanks!
I added a chopped green pepper I happened to have when I made this. It was a really tasty dish and I'd make it again, there's no need to cook anything else to go with it - though it is great with a simple green salad.