Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can chili bean, with liquid
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package prepared polenta
- In large skillet, saute onions in olive oil.
- Add rice, beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place rice mixture in a casserole dish and top with flattened polenta.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
five stars, i will be making this again. easy, and flavorful. i did dice some green bell pepper and 1/2 a serrano to saute with the onions. and in addition to the chili powder i added a little fresh ground cumin. also, i am not a fan of canned corn, so i used frozen. a very nice vegetarian dish. thank you