Recipe by KJK #5
This was one of those "throw things together" dinners. Everyone loves it. Very easy - can be adjusted for personal preferences.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (approx, water may be added or substituted)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 soft corn tortillas, approximately
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Add green chilies, season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove ground beef mixture from pan.
- In same pan add tomato paste, taco mix and and beer/water.
- The consistency should be somewhat thick.
- Place 1/3 of sauce mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish (I use a 4-quart round).
- Mix 1/3 of remaining sauce with ground beef.
- Starting with a layer of tortillas after the sauce proceed with layers of meat, beans, cheese sauce and tortillas finishing with a thin layer of sauce and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- I have made up to one day ahead of time with success; heating time is increased though.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.