1/2 Photos of Tamale Pie
An easy brunch or pot luck dish with wide appeal. Submitted for the Craze-E Contest #3 Appetizers - Brunch - Pot Luck
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie shell, frozen
- 453.59 g ground round
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 340.19 g can beef broth
- 236.59 ml tomato soup, canned
- 170.09 g French's French fried onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 236.59 ml tostadas
- 473.18 ml colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml black olives, sliced
- 1Cook meat, diced onion and diced green pepper in a large skillet; add garlic. Drain off fat.
- 2Prepare pie shell according to directions.
- 3Mix meat, worchestershire, diced chipotle, 1 C tomato soup, cumin, and beef broth.
- 4Add to prepared pie shell.
- 5Top with crushed tostadas.
- 6Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- 7Add French fried onions to the top.
- 8Scatter sliced olives on top.
- 9Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and onions are golden.
- 10Serve with sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes,and chopped onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 473.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions
chipotle chiles in adobo