Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy brunch or pot luck dish with wide appeal. Submitted for the Craze-E Contest #3 Appetizers - Brunch - Pot Luck
- 1 pie shell, frozen
- 453.59 g ground round
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 340.19 g can beef broth
- 236.59 ml tomato soup, canned
- 170.09 g French's French fried onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 236.59 ml tostadas
- 473.18 ml colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml black olives, sliced
- sour cream
- diced onion
- diced tomato
- Cook meat, diced onion and diced green pepper in a large skillet; add garlic. Drain off fat.
- Prepare pie shell according to directions.
- Mix meat, worchestershire, diced chipotle, 1 C tomato soup, cumin, and beef broth.
- Add to prepared pie shell.
- Top with crushed tostadas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Add French fried onions to the top.
- Scatter sliced olives on top.
- Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and onions are golden.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes,and chopped onions, if desired.
This recipe was pretty good! Since it seemed extremely soupy, I didn't use all of the liquid the recipe called for and in fact cut it in half. I also only used half the can on French fried onions. I also added a tablespoon of flour to help thicken up the fluid. I also had to leave out the chipolte peppers as my DH can't tolerate anything hot & spicy. I served it with romaine lettuce, sour cream and black olives. Made for Hidden Gems tag.
Tamale is not a word. It's either Tamal or TamaleS. FYI