Recipe by Karen Foiles
This is almost like Taco Pie but better! All these ingredients can be purchased at The Dollar Tree or Aldi grocery stores. This recipe is a budget cooking recipe!
Top Review by Kodiak Momma
We loved this! My kids actually asked for second and third helpings. The only thing I will do differently next time is to add a layer of bell peppers and onions so that there are some veggies in it. I don't usually like one dish meals, but this was really good.
- 1 (8 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger.
- Mix taco seasoning and water in a jar and add to hamburger according to package directions.
- Mix cornbread mix in separate bowl then spread to bottom of dish to form crust.
- Crush and sprinkle half of the corn chips and add hamburger mixture. Spread sour cream like you're frosting cake. Sprinkle heavily with cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.