1/2 Photos of Tamale Pie
This easy TOH mildly seasoned recipe I have made many times. I did reduce the number of servings to 6. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, double if you like more heat
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 2 1/4 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- 3Add tomatoes, onion, and spices.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 5Arrange five tortillas in the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish, tearing tortillas as needed.
- 6Cover with half of the meat mixture, then half of the cheese.
- 7Repeat layers, using remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
- 8Sprinkle with olives.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 10Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 41.7 g