1 hr 10 mins
Never made before, saving on here
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In 3-qt flame-proof, oven-proof casserole dish, combine beef, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef has changed color. Remove casserole from burner.
- 3Turn out meat mixture onto large plate line w/ paper towels to absorb any excess fat. Return to casserole.
- 4Add tomato sauce, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix well. Scoop out five cups of mixture and reserve in medium-sized bowl.
- 5Lay half of tortillas over mixture remaining in casserole, overlapping and covering entire surface. Add 2-1/2 cups of reserved meat and bean mixture over tortillas, spreading it out w/ back of large spoon. Lay remaining tortillas over mixture in casserole, overlapping and covering entire surface. Top w/ remaining meat and bean mixture, spreading out evenly over tortillas.
- 6Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 932.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground beef round