Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need an easy dish with crowd appeal? This zesty casserole could be it.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can nacho cheese soup
- 2 (2 ounce) cans olives
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 3⁄4 cup colby cheese (shredded)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- 12 ounces ripe olives (optional)
- In a skillet cook ground beef, peppers, onion till meat is brown, Drain off fat.
- Sir in soup, sliced olives, salsa and water bring to boiling reduce hear. simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. spread half of the muffin batter into a 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Spoon the hot meat mixture over muffin layer. Carefully spread the remaining corn muffin batter over the meat and bake at 350°F until golden brown then sprinkle with cheese tomatoes and olives and serve.