Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy weeknight dish which uses ingredients I almost always have one hand. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn, undrained (or 16 oz frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (use more or less depending on how much heat you like)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or cheddar)
- salsa (garnish) (optional)
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in beef and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, sour cream, cornmeal, olives, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- Sprinkle cheese over top to witin 1/4 inch of edges. Cover.
- Reduce Heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with salsa (if desired).