Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
I recently found out that I am severally anemic (sp) and in my last trimester. I am searching the internet for some recipes that use Farina (Cream of Wheat) in them to help with my iron intake.
- 1 lb beef or 1 lb pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup farina
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat and onion and drain.
- Add tomatoes, corn, and chili powder, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a greased casserole pan.
- Mix together the farina, and baking powder, milk and eggs, and then spread ontop of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until done.