Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
easy, good winter dinner, this came from my aunt that lives in Oklahoma and everyone in the family loves it. The best thing is that you can modify it to be your own.
- 1 medium pork roast
- 1 (16 ounce) candiced tomatoes
- 1 can mexicorn or 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4 cup broth (from roast)
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- Bake roast covered with 2 cups water for 2-3 hours on 350 degrees.
- cut roast into bite size chunks In large skillet, add tomatoes, corn meal, eggs, milk, salsa, corn and broth.
- Add spices to taste.
- I use a lot because I like it spicy.
- You can use red pepper, chili pepper or what ever spices you like.
- stir constantly for 20 minutes Saute chunks of pork roast, chopped onions, 1 tsp garlic salt in 2 tbls of cooking oil.
- Add all ingredients in baking dish, 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve topped with pepper cheese shredded.