Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
this goes along with my other tamale recipies....this is a tasty family recipe :)
Make and share this Tamale Meat recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups lard
- Put the first group of ingredients in a large kettle with water.
- Simmer on medium heat for 4-5 hours.
- Remove most of the broth.
- Put some in masa to make it doughy.
- De-bone and shred the meat.
- Put broth in the blender and blend all but the lard for about three minutes.
- Melt the lard in a pan, add blended chile and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- After cooked, combine it with the meat.
- Insert in the spread masa as directed.