Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Grams Tamale Loaf- a recipe my husband grew up on and now my own boys will be able to enjoy it just the same. All ingredients are tweakable to suit your families taste bud needs.. Hope you enjoy a simple but yummy loaf.. :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey (or hamburger)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, medium
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350'.
- Saute onions and garlic in 1 tbs butter.
- Add in meat and chili powder and cook till meat looses color.
- In separate kettle cook corn, tomatoes and corn meal into a mush. Go slowly and stir as it will stick. Stir in beaten eggs, then meat mixture- add olives and mix until evenly combined.
- Put into a large 9x12 greased casserole pan and bake uncovered for 45 mins to 1 hour or until center is dried out and firm. If using cheese top last 20 minutes
- Topping Ideas: Salsa, Sour Cream, Hot Sauce.
This recipe surprised me! It was easy to make. It didn't look that appetizing, then I put the cheese on & it looked really good. I let the cheese melt about 5 minutes & it was perfect. I omitted the olives but used it as a topping for those that wanted & served sour cream & salsa as a topping as well. It was a hit, even my 3 year old loved it.<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014