1 hr 15 mins
From best of baking. I love the taste of tamales. Great for the health consious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Cheese Cornbread Topping
- 1Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in water, lentils, tomato sauce and seasoning mix; reduce heat to low.
- 4Partially cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 5Heat oven to 400F.
- 6Grease 2-quart casserole with shortening.
- 7Prepare Cheese Cornbread Topping by mixing all ingredients until moistened.
- 8Spoon lentil mixture into casserole.
- 9Spread topping evenly over lentil mixture.
- 10Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Lentil Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 1351.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g