Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This was on the a little ad attached to a jar of Chile Today Hot Tamale salsa. It sounds like it's easy and would be good.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tamales
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili con carne
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, prepared
- Remove wrappers from tamales.
- Chop coarsely in food processor with steel blade.
- In a 1-cup measure cover onion with plastic wrap and microwave on High (l00%) 2 minutes.
- Place chopped tamales in a 2-quart dish.
- Add onion, chile con carne and cheese.
- Microwave on High (100%) 6 minutes until cheese melts.
- Stir at 3 minutes.
- Top with Chile Today Hot Tamale Salsa.
- Serve with tostadas.
Loved this! I used a small slow-cooker instead of microwaving the dip. I stirred the salsa into the dip instead of serving it on top. After tasting it, I added some jalapenos (diced up) to some of it to increase the heat a bit. I didn't think of serving sour cream or avocados on the side, but I will with the leftovers! Served with tortilla chips. Everyone enjoyed this dip! Made for Photo Tag!
I wanted a simple but different dip for a bunco party. This was it! Very quick & easy. Served with tortilla chips out of a slow cooker on low. Sour cream & salsa on the side for those who wanted it. Have added to my "favorites". Thanks a bunch!