Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Yummy warm dip. Blows people away and always goes great for family or guests. Great 'help yourself' kind of dip that is comforting and filling enough to be a meal. For even more of a 'meal' reduce cheese to 1 lb and/or double the tamales. For velveeta haters- queso blanco or chihuahua cheese would be good here. Try to stick to a cheese that melts easily to a creamy consistency.
- 2 lbs Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 dozen tamale
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except tamales in crockpot and heat until melted.
- Remove corn husks from tamales and crumble into melted cheese mixture. Frozen or canned tamales are fine. Thaw if frozen.
- Have a bowl of tortilla or corn chips available to scoop up dip or warm flour or corn tortillas so they can use as a filling.
- To make it more figure friendly I like to also serve this with fresh veggies like shredded lettuce and chopped tomato! Makes a great and different taco (tamale) salad.