Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy warm dip. Blows people away and always goes great for family or guests. Great 'help yourself' kind of dip that is comforting and filling enough to be a meal. For even more of a 'meal' reduce cheese to 1 lb and/or double the tamales. For velveeta haters- queso blanco or chihuahua cheese would be good here. Try to stick to a cheese that melts easily to a creamy consistency.
- 2 lbs Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 dozen tamale
- Mix all ingredients except tamales in crockpot and heat until melted.
- Remove corn husks from tamales and crumble into melted cheese mixture. Frozen or canned tamales are fine. Thaw if frozen.
- Have a bowl of tortilla or corn chips available to scoop up dip or warm flour or corn tortillas so they can use as a filling.
- To make it more figure friendly I like to also serve this with fresh veggies like shredded lettuce and chopped tomato! Makes a great and different taco (tamale) salad.
Yummy!!! Made this for dinner last night and it was great. I used two cans of hormel tamales, because that is all I had. I bet it is even better with real authentic tamales.
Made this for the family...very nice, cheesy dip. Love the addition of tamales and so did my husband. Thanks for posting!
Delightful dip using my fav -tamales! I made a half recipe- and it was plenty for us! I will makethis again when entertaining this summer -my favorite season to cook for friends! I enjoyed the spice of the Rotel, used pork tamales(fresh) and Mexican Velveeta. Nice quick appy!!