Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posted in response to a request for vegetarian OAMC recipes.
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 8 cups water
- 6 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped olives
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green chili (optional)
- Add corn meal to boiling water in a large sauce pan.
- Cook until thick.
- In another saucepan, cook corn, olives, onion and chilies in tomato sauce over medium high heat until onion is transparent; if mixture boils down too much, add some water.
- In casserole dish, place half of cornmeal. Pour vegetable mixture over this.
- Top with remaining cornmeal mixture.
- Label, Cover, Freeze.
- To serve: Defrost overnight and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until hot and cooked through or place directly into 350° oven from freezer and bake 2 hours or until hot and cooked through.
I was also burned. Too much olives and it turned out rather soupy. Not worth the time
The was really tasty and not too heavy like casseroles with hamburger in them. I think I might add sliced zucchini to it next time. I served with salsa on top. Thanks for sharing.
I was burned by popping cornmeal after following the directions. Recipe needs to be revised. Cannot possibly follow directions as written. Also the ratio of water to cornmeal seems off. I could not finish the recipe so I cannot review on taste.