Recipe by FLUFFSTER
These are absolutely delicious! An amazing cooking and eating experience! I usually triple this when I have a group of friends over for a movie and dinner, or playing cards, or just about anything. I make a batch of my chili, Award Winning Chili With Unusual Twist to go with these and I never have any leftovers! I have to make up recipe cards for each of them to hand out to guests. You know, that one recipe that just has your name all through it and you're so proud of?
- 3 ears corn
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon red chili peppers or 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Shuck corn, reserving outer husks.
- Cut corn kernels from cob with a sharp knife.
- Grind or puree corn kernels with the cream.
- Place in a mixing bowl;stir in cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and egg. Beat in melted butter and chili pepper.
- Soften reserved corn husks in boiling water; cool under; cool under cold water and pat dry with towels.
- Grease 10 or 12 muffin pans and line with corn husks; fill with corn mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.