Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, fast and cheap!
Make and share this Tamale-chili Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups of crushed corn chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 mins or until bubbly.
- Mix corn chips and cheese and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
This was really good. It reminded me of a Frito Pie but with a kick from the tamales. I used a Mexican 4-blend cheese and really enjoyed this simple and tasty dish. Thanks Renee Ferraz for a nice quick keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.