Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
chicken covered with cheddar cheese and topped with your choice of toppings.
Make and share this Tamale Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can beef tamales, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tomatoes (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Saute onion and chilies in oil in skillet.
- Combine all ingredients except for 1/2 cup shredded cheese and toppings, and pour into slow cooker.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover, cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
This recipe looks hard due to the amount of ingredients. It wasn't so bad and too time consuming. It tasted really good but I think I would add in maybe a little cayenne pepper to spice it up a little bit but overall very good. Thanks. Made for PRMR!