Recipe by Katt
This recipe was given to me by a friend, its a different twist on the traditional tamale casserole.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tamales
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes cornbread stuffing mix, with seasoning packets
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and reserve liquid from tamales.
- Crumble up tamales in a large bowl.
- Add stuffing mix and seasoning packets, corn, red beans, chicken broth, hot water, enchilada sauce, eggs, and reserved tamale liquid.
- Stir gently until mixed well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9/13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and bake 10-15 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden.
- Serve while warm.