1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend, its a different twist on the traditional tamale casserole.
My Private Note
9x13 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tamales
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes cornbread stuffing mix, with seasoning packets
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drain and reserve liquid from tamales.
- 3Crumble up tamales in a large bowl.
- 4Add stuffing mix and seasoning packets, corn, red beans, chicken broth, hot water, enchilada sauce, eggs, and reserved tamale liquid.
- 5Stir gently until mixed well.
- 6Spoon mixture into a greased 9/13-inch baking dish.
- 7Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake 20 minutes.
- 9Add cheese and bake 10-15 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden.
- 10Serve while warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.6
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 1440.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 19.7 g