Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a very good Mexican dish!
Top Review by Denise!
I was just browsing through your recipes and came across this recipe - an old childhood favorite. This is an excellent casserole. It's easy to make and easy on the budget. Children, in particular, really love this dish because it isn't super spicy. The cornmeal and the hamburger and cheese is a great flavor combo. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage until browned.
- Add ground beef and cook and stir until done.
- Stir in garlic, celery, and onions.
- Cook until onion is soft.
- Add corn, tomatoes, chili powder and salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn meal.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Place in greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 45 minutes.