Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are delicious when served hot over rice or noodles.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease an 8"x8" square pan.
- Blend Corn Muffin Mix, 1 egg and milk until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and crumble into bits. Combine cornbread crumbs, 1 egg, 1/2 cup Enchilada sauce, salt, diced onion, pepper, ground turkey and garlic powder; mixing well. Shape into 1" balls and place in shallow baking pan. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. In a sauce pan, heat remaining Enchilada sauce. Top cooked meatballs with sauce and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.