Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty little bite. Perfect appetizer for a football game, a Mexican dinner night, or to bring to a potluck.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (6 ounce) bag cornbread stuffing mix, without the seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Mix enchilada sauce and tomato sauce together. Set aside.
- Mix hamburger meat and cornbread crumbs together.
- Mix in one small ladle full of sauces in with meat mixture - just enough to moisten it - and mix.
- Make 1-inch meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and pour remaining sauce over the top of meatballs.
- Add cheese. Cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with toothpicks.
I have two kids that hate everything and one ate this up like a champ. My husband and I loved it and will make it again. I used one box of Jiffy corn muffin mix and Ortega enchilada sauce because that is what I had on hand.