Recipe by ellestrange
Tamagoyaki is a Japanese rolled omelet. This recipe is made with a tamagoyaki pan, but you can make it in a regular non-stick skillet. You can mix and match different ingredients and clean out your fridge! Submitted this recipe for the Green Eggs and Ham Asian Tag Game March 2008. (never made in a regular skillet, would just make like normal omelet with same ingredients)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions (green tops only)
- 1 slice ham, thick slice (cut length wise into sticks)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, sugar & soy in a bowl.
- Spray your tamagoyaki pan with non-stick spray. Heat your pan over low heat.
- Pour in a third of beaten eggs, making sure to cover entire surface of pan.
- Once egg sets slightly, add a couple of pieces of green onion and ham(if either ham or green onion is too long, then trim). Start rolling egg by lifting up end farthest away from you and roll towards you slowly. Add more egg, making sure to lift existing roll to make sure egg mixture gets underneath. When egg is slightly set, add more ham and green onions and roll again. Repeat steps one last time. It is no problem if you run out of ham and/or green onions, as long as they are in the 1st and 2nd roll it will be enough.