Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This coleslaw with peanuts but no mayonnaise, is served with sandwiches at the Tam O' Shanter Inn, in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles.
- 946.36 ml shredded cabbage
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion, including tops
- 236.59 ml chopped celery, including leaves
- 59.14 ml chopped salted peanuts
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml seasoned pepper
- 78.07 ml Italian salad dressing
- Lightly toss together, the first 4 ingredients.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour salad dressing over and toss to coat.
- Chill thoroughly.
When I was a little girl, Tam O'Shanter was the restaurant we always went to for birthdays and other celebrations. So, of course I had to try this coleslaw. It tasted just like I remember the Tam O'Shanter coleslaw tasting. It is just delicious, and not at all sweet like so many coleslaw recipes. Thanks for the memories!
This tastes nice and light. Instead of nuts, I used ramen noodles. For the seasoned salt we like Lawry's and I used garlic pepper for the seasoned pepper. Thanks!
What a great coleslaw recipe. It is so easy to make and has a great flavor and texture with the Italian salad dressing and peanuts. To save a bit on the calories, I used a Light Italian dressing. I also used Penzeys Seasoned Salt where the recipe called for seasoning salt. Thanks for sharing your recipe.