Recipe by lynnski / LA
This coleslaw with peanuts but no mayonnaise, is served with sandwiches at the Tam O' Shanter Inn, in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles.
Top Review by Tisherself
When I was a little girl, Tam O'Shanter was the restaurant we always went to for birthdays and other celebrations. So, of course I had to try this coleslaw. It tasted just like I remember the Tam O'Shanter coleslaw tasting. It is just delicious, and not at all sweet like so many coleslaw recipes. Thanks for the memories!
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, including tops
- 1 cup chopped celery, including leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing