Recipe by MarraMamba
This is great, and has no pastry covering. Not for the calorie conscious :D. From Talula's restaurant
Top Review by Luschka
I had a few issues with this. I usually really enjoy baked cheeses and try to use them as starters regularly as they are so easy, versatile and flavourful. I liked the honey/garlic combo, but unfortunately the cooking time was a problem. The garlic was undercooked and the brie was totally melted, so in future I would recommend baking the garlic for about 20 minutes before adding it to the cheese, then baking the cheese for 5 minutes. The honey/cheese flavour was lovely, but the garlic definitely needs to be cooked longer for flavor and the cheese less for presentability. Reviewed for photo tag 2008
- 6 (4 -6 ounce) brie cheese, rounds
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 1⁄4 cups honey
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 French baguettes, cut in fourths
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Brie in 6 individual baking dishes. Place 2 garlic halves in each dish around Brie. Pour 3/4 cup honey over each Brie. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Quickly heat baguette slices in oven.
- Serve Brie hot with crispy baguette slices alongside.