Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
this must be served quickly before the pudding falls...but it is delicious..came from an old stage coach inn in Waterville Ohio...
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups dry bread cubes, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- combine brown sugar,tomato puree, and water.
- cook 5 minutes.
- while tomato mixture is cooking, put bread cubes in casserole and pour melted butter over.
- Pour on hot tomato mixture.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Bake 50 minutes in a 325* oven.
- the drier the bread cubes, the more crusty the pudding will be -- .
I can't believe I forgot to review this! I made for thanksgiving dinner and it tasted even better as leftovers .
wonderful taste of home (Toledo) for the holidays - GREAT!
My mom always served this with ham on Christmas and Easter. It is a local favorite for sure.