Recipe by loof
This tasty, family-sized casserole recipe comes from "The Lone Star Cookbook 1997-98", Aggie Moms Club, Texarkana TX.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We really enjoyed this delicious spaghetti casserole dish. The spicy flavor of the rotel tomatoes and chili powder really added zip to the corn and meat mixture. I can't wait to take this dish to my monthly potluck at Church. Thanks for the post. Made for Fall PAC, 2011.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagethin noodles
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onions and green pepper. Drain the corn. Shred the cheddar cheese. Dilute the soup with 1/2 soup can of water.
- Boil the noodles in salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Brown the ground beef with the onions, green pepper, and garlic. Drain excess grease. Stir in chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place half of the noodles in the pan. Top with meat mixture. Cover with corn, then cover this with the rest of the noodles.
- Pour diluted soup over the casserole, then pour the Rotel tomatoes over this. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Cover with cheese and bake an additional 10-20 minutes or until cheese melts.