Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tasty, family-sized casserole recipe comes from "The Lone Star Cookbook 1997-98", Aggie Moms Club, Texarkana TX.
- Chop the onions and green pepper. Drain the corn. Shred the cheddar cheese. Dilute the soup with 1/2 soup can of water.
- Boil the noodles in salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Brown the ground beef with the onions, green pepper, and garlic. Drain excess grease. Stir in chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place half of the noodles in the pan. Top with meat mixture. Cover with corn, then cover this with the rest of the noodles.
- Pour diluted soup over the casserole, then pour the Rotel tomatoes over this. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Cover with cheese and bake an additional 10-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
We really enjoyed this delicious spaghetti casserole dish. The spicy flavor of the rotel tomatoes and chili powder really added zip to the corn and meat mixture. I can't wait to take this dish to my monthly potluck at Church. Thanks for the post. Made for Fall PAC, 2011.
We love chili, corn, and cheese so loved this. Wonder where the name came from? Reduced the chili and cheese by half but other than that made as posted. Appreciate that it uses ingredients I typically have on hand. Huge recipe so froze leftovers. Thanks for posting.