Recipe by Chocolatl
Tallarines refers to any type of long pasta. Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round-the-World Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces ham, julienned
- 2 spanish sausages, sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 cup stock
- 12 ounces long pasta, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, tagliatelle, etc. (pre-cooked weight)
- water for cooking pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato, salt, pepper, bacon, ham and sausages.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Combine mushrooms and stock and add to pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes more.
- While sauce is cooking, cook and drain pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Layer pasta, cheese and sauce in a greased baking dish. Make as many layers as possible, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned.